Translate

Sunday, April 7, 2013

BIG Changes!!!

... for real -- and I am beginning to get excited!!!

First, to answer the question probably nobody has asked, "Where have you been?"  S-I-C-K!!!  Sick is not something that happens to me very often, thank the Lord. I have my so-called normal share of aches and pains from joint degeneration issues, but it's a very rare occasion when a bug latches on to me. I have been blessed like that for much of my life. This time I got a doubly whammy!

Started out with what I thought was allergies -- all the classic symptoms -- and didn't really feel so bad like a cold will do you. However, each day seemed to drag me further down, until I ended up feeling really rugged for about a week-and-a-half. Okay, so I finally began to feel like my head and extremely-sore throat would return to normal, and then a virus hit me -- knocked me flat on my backside! The stomach was a mess, I had fever, the ever-aching joints felt like they were searing together with a permanent "weld" at every movable place in my body ... I think you get the picture. And that "24-hour bug" again knocked me out of commission for almost four days! Yikes!!!

But, PRAISE THE LORD!, yesterday afternoon I once again began to feel like I was joining the land of the living. The queasy stomach settled down and asked for some normal/real food, the fever is all gone, the debilitating weakness started to release its hold. I can handle the day-to-day pain of whatever kind of "itis" has decided to take up residence in my body, but sickness is another story altogether. I don't do sick very well.

And now that you know how it is with me, let's talk about my PROGRESS REPORT!!!

I've been working for a few weeks on creating new graphics for a website makeover. EclecticallyJan has been online for a while, but I haven't really done much of anything with it except add fun pages and other stuff from old websites that seemed too good to simply throw away. The traffic has been slow, but I haven't done much to keep new people interested in finding it, either. Well, an unexpected sequence of events has now thrown me into MAJOR MAKEOVER mode. I am changing hosts, changing design, and (hopefully) a new influx of visitors to "sample my wares". I'm starting to really look forward to building the new pages now.

Have you noticed that (so far) this journal doesn't have any advertisements? As we get to know each other better I do plan to add some links of interest for you. In the meantime, enjoy a few minutes on a "clean" page! lol Oh yes, when you get time, I would still love to see you follow my eclectic pins on Pinterest, Tweet me, or run over to my Facebook page and send a friend request! I plan to build a site-related page for you to like once I get everything else up and running.

T-t-t-that's all folks!

Provided by Shabby Blogs