Translate

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Did you miss me?

I've been pretty quiet, but that's because I've been b-u-s-y! Changing domain hosts, buying new domain names for the future, designing new graphics, trying to decide what to use in a complete site makeover, trying to learn a new method of publishing after years of using FrontPage extension...

So, the graphics, which I thoroughly enjoy working with, are quite time-consuming. Yes, I know, there are freebies available, but none of them "say" exactly what I want to say about myself. You might as well know right up front that I have selective OCD. That means some things don't bother me a bit, but in others I'm a perfectionist. I guess my web face is one of the OCD areas of my life, because I want every tiny detail to be exactly what I want it to be! If I could do exclusively one thing and have it support me, I'm sure it would be working with graphics. I'm not a good create-from-scratch artist, and that limits me to finding free things to work with and build on. Hope you like the new header -- an hours-of-labor "masterpiece"!

I've toured many active blogs, and the ones with graphics still tend to be my favorite. The difference between them and me is that there are so many people and associated business ventures that are beyond me. Will I learn? I don't really know that I want to. I have some affiliations, which you will begin to see here, and which will be added to my website pages as they develop. But I think I've finally figured out why, as I stated in my first post, I thought I hated blogging. You may or may not agree, but I've found that most, if not all, blogs I've visited are, plain and simple, a mess!

There are advertisements that clutter up the first page you visit. There are long lists of links that are confusing. There are names of contributors that take you all over the Internet, causing you to lose the page you intended to visit in the first place. I've had to make my mind up that I am, obviously, eclectic, and can't just follow the crowd. I have to do things my way or they won't get done at all. Will you like it? Only time will tell. One thing I can tell you without question, though, is that if I don't like it, you definitely won't like it! I'm still not wild about keeping a regular, ongoing journal, but having accepted that I don't have to put something here every day, it's growing on me. I can see that it has its advantages.

All that being said, it's time for me to get back to work! I'm hoping to get my first new page (http://www.eclecticallyjan.com) published before I go to bed tonight -- wish me luck! Please be patient with me for a little longer...and try that link again tomorrow if nothing pops up tonight!