Translate

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Interesting Clips

This evening I've been going through some old web pages and gleaning the best things to save for future use. When I found this, I decided to share it, and a few more of the goodies, with you:

Friends are like balloons;
Once you let them go,
You cannot get them back.


People may not remember exactly what you did,
or what you said,
but they will always remember how you made them feel.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 All of us could take a lesson from the weather.
It pays no attention to criticism.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The hardest thing to learn in life is
which bridges to cross and which ones to burn.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Watch your thoughts, they become words.
Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Blessed are those who can
give without remembering,
and take without forgetting.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
   A minister told his congregation, "Next week I plan to preach about the sin of lying. To help you understand my sermon better, I want you all to read the seventeenth chapter of the book of Mark before that service."
   The following Sunday, as he prepared to deliver his sermon, the minister asked for a show of hands. He wanted to know how many had read Mark, Chapter 17. Every hand went up. The minister smiled and said, "Mark has only sixteen chapters. I will now proceed with my sermon on the sin of lying."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
A good time to keep your mouth shut is when you're in deep water.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
   The cop got out of his car and the boy he had stopped for speeding rolled down his window.
   "I've been waiting for you all day," the cop told him.
   "Yeah, well I got here as fast as I could."
   When the cop finally stopped laughing, he sent the kid on his way without a ticket.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles,
but it does ruin today's happiness.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
If you enjoyed those,
be sure and check out the
"Fun & Witty Stuff" tab for more!